Chimney Repair Second Opinion Even When Covered
Over time, most chimneys experience some kind of damage or malfunction that needs to be repaired. If you have homeowner’s insurance, you may be completely covered for chimney repairs. If not, you’ll need to take care of the repair work yourself. In either case, don’t jump into a chimney repair project without getting a second opinion.
What a Second Opinion on Chimney Repairs can Tell You
Insurance providers usually require homeowners to collect several estimates for chimney damage repair. This is a smart move, even if you’re self-paying. Part of this process should include a qualified second opinion on the work.
Magic Mountain Chimney Sweeps of Frederick, MD, regularly provides second opinions to help homeowners put a chimney repair project into perspective. We never charge for this service, and you’re under no obligation to hire us for this or any other chimney work.
Four important things that a second opinion can tell you:
1. The first estimate is way too high
When you only have one price, you can’t really know if it’s excessive. Our CSIA-certified chimney repair technicians will help you fully understand the cost of your chimney repairs.
2. The first estimate is way too low
Estimates that are very low may mean cheap results due to inexperience on the part of the worker(s). Magic Mountain has performed more than 70,000 chimney projects across three decades – we know when an estimate is way too low.
3. Critical tasks were overlooked in the estimate
You want your chimney to be repaired properly and completely. We’ll let you know if vital work tasks were left out of your original estimate.
4. Additional, unnecessary tasks were added to the estimate
We’ll also let you know if we believe any extra, unnecessary tasks were added to your estimate. This “padding of the estimate” doesn’t happen often, but it does happen, and we’ll make sure you don’t fall victim to it.
Maryland Chimney Repair Experts
We’re confident we can help you sort through your original chimney repair estimate. Homeowner’s throughout Frederick, MD, and surrounding cities and towns rely on Magic Mountain to address and solve their chimney issues the right way and at the right cost.
Here’s a brief overview the services we offer you:
- Chimney structure rebuilding
- Brick repair & replacement
- Masonry waterproofing
- Chimney liner repair & relining
- Chimney crown, cap and flashing repair & replacement
- Resolution of venting issues & backdrafts
- Leaky chimney detection & repair
- Smoke chamber parging
- Smoke shelf repair
- Fireplace damper repair & installation
- Firebox repair
We carry a Certified Chimney Sweep designation through the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) and are certified through the National Fireplace Institute. We’re proud members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild. When we work on your chimney or provide you with a second opinion on repairs, you’re getting the experience and professionalism you can trust.
Keeping Your Chimney Maintained
Three ways you can reduce the need for ongoing chimney repairs and dangerous operating conditions:
- Have us clean your chimney once a year: Professional chimney sweep services will remove flammable creosote from your flue and lessen the chance of a chimney fire.
- Have us inspect your chimney once a year: With regular inspections, you’ll know about problems early so you can resolve them quickly.
- Schedule chimney repairs when needed: Never put off a repair project, no matter how small or insignificant it might seem.
Speak with a local chimney expert today at (301) 695-6991 and ask for your free second opinion on any chimney repair project.